Every October we conduct a survey of available industrial and office floorspace in South East Hampshire. Our latest survey is summarised below. The full survey data can be downloaded.
- Some of the biggest take up of large spaces are by serviced office providers. The volume of serviced space has increased substantially over the last year.
- Although availability in the 0-5,000 sq.ft category has remained reasonably static over the last two years, occupiers appear to be short on choice in this sector.
- Rental values have increased in good quality space with ample parking facilities with rents being sustainable within a band of £15 - £18 psf.
- Take up of space at Lakeside, Portsmouth, the former IBM building, remains impressive. Further availability is now scheduled here.
Industrial Floor Survey
- Industrial availability has fallen by a third from 900,000 sq.ft to 600,000 sq.ft over the last twelve months. Total availability is now less than 3% of total stock.
- The greatest take up of medium and large spaces units. Category 5-20,000 sq.ft has seen a fall of 64%.
- Availability under 5,000 sq.ft is virtually unchanged at 92,000 sq.ft. This is attributed to ongoing ‘churn’ in the market.
- The single largest letting in the existing building stock is on Fareham Industrial Park where Armourgard took the 63,000 sq.ft vacated in 2016 by Citylink.
- There is no significant availability of new space. New units at Daedalus in Fareham and Portfield Road, Portsmouth are mainly being occupied as buildings are completed. The next phase of Daedalus is now planned.